The Meta Research PhD Fellowship 2022 is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
About Meta Research PhD Fellowship 2022
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. With the addition of close mentorship, the Meta Research PhD program aims to engage with the Fellowship winners, learn alongside them, and discover emerging opportunities in industry together. Meta also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups.
Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters. The application deadline is September 20, 2022.
You are eligible to apply for the program as long as you are:
- Enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in the fall following the application cycle (i.e., Fall 2023);
- Engaged in research related to computer science and engineering in areas relevant to Meta, as specified in the Available Fellowships section;
- The program is open to students at all accredited universities around the world.
Benefits of Meta Research PhD Fellowship Program
Each fellow is entitled to receive:
- Two years of paid tuition and fees
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living costs
- Various opportunities to engage with Meta researchers
- An invitation to the annual Fellowship Summit
- The 2023 application opens on August 3, 2022, at 9:00am PDT. Applicants may prepare to apply by creating a SurveyMonkey Apply account. During the application process, applicants will be asked to provide references’ contact information. Once the application is submitted, references will receive an email to upload their letters in SurveyMonkey Apply by October 6, 2022. Please visit SurveyMonkey Apply for more information on references and how to apply.
- Applications close on September 20, 2022. After the application deadline, changes to applications will no longer be accepted. There is no interview associated with the Fellowship review process.
- Winners will receive notification in mid-January 2023. Meta Research will announce winners on its blog. Due to the volume of submissions, Meta is unable to provide individual feedback on proposals.
Applications must include the following documents:
- CV or resume. There is no page limit to the resume or CV. In this case, it may be worthwhile to have a longer CV to complement your achievements or any publications you would like to share.
- Research statement. Statements of research should be 500 words or less and should clearly identify your area of focus, its importance to the field, and its applicability to Meta as it pertains to one of the Available Fellowships. Note that references or citations count toward the 500-word limit. To optimize the word count for research statements, you should add references and citations to CVs, which do not have a word or page limit.
- Two letters of recommendation. One of the letters of recommendation needs to come from a PhD advisor or a research advisor. The other may come from another professor or an industry contact.
For more details about the fellowship, visit the Meta Research PhD Fellowship 2022 website.