The Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) is pleased to announce details about the 2021/2022 University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships. These scholarships are for both domestic and international students and are for courses offered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
About the University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships
The FGSR Recruitment Scholarships attract the best and brightest students to the University of Alberta. The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior students at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
Below are the application timelines
• For students with a September 1, 2022 start date, the deadline is July 11, 2022.
• For students with a January 1, 2023 start date, the deadline is November 15, 2022.
To be eligible, student must meet the requirements below:
• Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or students on a study permit
• Have an admission into a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from Master’s to a doctoral degree program
• Be in a full-time in a doctoral degree program
• have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
Please note that the departments might have additional selection criteria. So, candidates should consult with the department into which they seek admission for more details.
Departments may choose to nominate individuals based on a variety of criteria including
- academic record,
- letters of appraisal,
- statement of program,
- applicant’s research,
- potential contributions to research, and
- other technical experience.
Eligible students are considered on the recommendation of the admitting department. So, if you think you are eligible for the scholarship, contact the admitting department.
For more information, visit the scholarship webpage.
If you like this article on the “University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships”, please share it with your friends and family. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube Channel to ensure you don’t miss any update from us. Finally, don’t forget to join our community to connect with others. Lastly, you can also follow us on our social media pages – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.